Saturday, February 21, 2009

Getting Comfortable

Here is the tearing out the shower process. It's cleaned up now, but there is still some work to do on the kitchen and bathroom. I'll post pictures of the finished project soon.
The Grape vines that we dug up and replanted on the other side of the lawn. I had to prune them way down to get the vines untwined from the wire, so they look like sad little sticks in the ground now. 
Here are all the little critters. I like them better everyday, even though they're not of much use, being the spoiled pets that they are.  The sheep's wool might be good. Carol said it's almost time to shear them, and the sheep staring at the camera is black, although it's so dirty you can't tell, and Carol said black wool is more valuable. I'll see what I can do with it. 
Our fire pit, Ed is so happy to have one. We built it in our front yard.
Playing with fire. You can see the area behind me is where the grapes used to be.  
I'm think I'm starting to like it here. We have a little home, and a rad front yard, such as it is. 
Thanks for stopping by my blog, and have a nice day. LEAH

6 comments:

  1. Hey cuz...looks like you're lovin life:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning to love my new life, but I'm not there just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you !! Simplicity is what I have always said, and your lucky that your not living on the streets like some are now..it is really sad. so I am glad that you guys at least have a place to live and parents that you can go too..good luck..dee in connecticut...

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the fire, I haven't had a chance to try this one yet (I'm in Florida), but it looks like a lot of people have built their fires this way, and they all rave about it. Give it a shot, and see if it lasts longer. I have nothing at all to do with this, other than having bought and read his book (which I do recommend highly!).

    http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2009/02/02/how-to-build-an-upside-down-fire/

    You two are very fortunate. I'm so jealous! You'll understand that at some point ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look up spinning wool videos on you tube. I'm sure they have demos on how to make your own yarn on there somewhere! -Sara from Fargo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi;

    Crzy to say...but I envy you! I would gladly trade the hetic lifestyle for some peace & tranquility that you now have. I think we all need to stop and re examine our real reasons for being on this earth...sometimes we need to go back to the simple things to really appreciate life. My hubby and I live in the mountains of central CA...but still miss the countryside... Pattie from Tehachapi, CA

    ReplyDelete